Welcome to Dooley Thoroughbreds
Welcome to Dooley Thoroughbreds, we are a passionate family who love our horse racing.
Set up by three brothers - Mark, David and James - we have always loved our racing and now own a number of racehorses.
We buy from top sales, leading trainers or from respected breeders (recently from Godolphin and Qatar Racing) and we look to purchase quality horses that run on a regular basis. Whilst we always strive for class racehorses nothing beats going racing at any level when a horse of yours is running, let alone the feeling when you have a winner!
We also run an exciting racehorse syndicate where throughout the year we offer the opportunity for people to invest and join us on the thrilling journey of being a racehorse owner. Places are limited so if you are interested drop us a message and if a new horse comes available, you will be the first to know. Check out the current shares we have available here.
Also feel free to take a look through our website where we cover a range of subjects connected to horse racing in general in our blog, including our story of how we got into racing, the history of horse racing, information on our favourite racehorses from years past and so much more.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you at the races soon.
Current Option enjoying an early morning canter on the beach. Photo by Morgan Treacy.
Saltonstall Wins a Remarkable Second Galway Mile
Our superbly talented and gentle giant Saltonstall showed his loving of Galway to make history with a second win in the Galway Mile. Held up out the back in last we thought he was out of it but he showed his class and determination to win. Unbelievable.
Current Option Wins the "Ahonoora" at Galway to Cap an Unbelievable Week
After a wide draw and troubled run in the mile on Tuesday we decided to go for the 7 furlongs "Ahonoora" Handicap with Current Option. With a better draw and faster pace, our star settled better before striking up the straight. We have always thought the world of him and black-type races are now on the cards.
Video to come.
Sirjack Thomas Strikes at Galway
Our mad little grey who we love to pieces delivered in fine style on the Saturday at Galway. He's put in some fantastic performances this year and appreciated the up and downs of Galway and the softer ground. Although he got wiped out on the bend his determination and class carried him through. Well done Jack, well deserved!
Video to come.
Dooley Thoroughbreds Racing Syndicate
Syndicates are a great way to spread the cost of racehorse ownership whilst also being a great way to meet new friends.
We believe being part of the Dooley Thoroughbreds Syndicate offers a unique chance to enjoy being a racehorse owner at a great price. Our syndicate entitles members to the full benefits of sole racehorse ownership; this includes everything from visiting the trainer's stables, regular training updates, a share of prize-money and most importantly the thrill of going racing and making life-long memories.
We don't offer many places on the Dooley Thoroughbred Syndicate, this is because we prefer our syndicates to be at a small and manageable size; we believe it makes the experience better and more personal.
In reality, this means that you are more involved in the experience of being a racehorse owner, rather than feeling disconnected from the horse and the decisions about its racing and career - which is the main drawback many have expressed personally to us about larger racing syndicates. As a family we also keep a large share in most of our horses, this means that we remain personally invested both mentally and financially, meaning we really strive for all our horses to achieve their potential, so basically we are in it with you!
As mentioned we offer the chance for others to join our group and experience the thrill of being a racehorse owner and for a horseracing fan, we believe there is nothing more exciting than the thrill of going racing when you have a runner.
Photo by Morgan Treacy.
What Makes Us Different From Other Racing Ownership Schemes?
As you are probably aware there are lots of horseracing syndicates around that you can choose from if you are looking to become a racehorse owner, however, we believe ours is unlike any other because of the following benefits we offer:
- Great value for money - we have a variety of packages and horses to suit different budgets. All our packages are very transparent so you know exactly what you are paying - there are no hidden costs and no unexpected bills - which can be off-putting for many. You can pay either upfront for the whole year or via monthly direct debit, however, ultimately you know exactly what you are paying and when.
- Direct involvement - from the moment you enter the syndicate you will be involved in all the action. You will get regular updates on the horse's training including videos and photos, as well as emails and messages via our very active Whatsapp group. We believe the point of racehorse ownership is involvement, so excellent communication is a key element of what we offer and what truly sets us apart. At Dooley Thoroughbreds we keep you informed with what is happening with your horse and its plans at all times.
- A chance to meet new people - joining our top racing syndicate offers you the chance to meet new people and make new friends. The syndicates that we put together at Dooley Thoroughbreds are diverse with people from different ages and backgrounds, all brought together by their single passion of horseracing.
- A chance to travel - whilst our brilliant trainers always plan a racing campaign to suit the horses, our horses run all over the UK and Ireland. This means that you can get to travel to new parts of the world and hopefully visit new racecourses with friends and family. Many of the group like to extend trips to the races and turn them into long weekends and mini-breaks to really make the most of the travelling opportunities.
- Fun - most importantly our horserace ownership scheme offers fun with a great bunch of people.
If you are interested in making the dream of racehorse ownership a reality for you (or for someone you know as a gift), contact us today and we will send more information on our packages. For more in-depth information on the Dooley Thoroughbred Syndicate, including prices our current racehorses and more, contact us today or read more on our syndicate page.
If you would like more information about Dooley Thoroughbreds or are interested in potential racehorses ownership through our syndicate simply drop us a message today. You check out the current racehorses we have available as part of our scheme on our available shares pages, alternatively, we can email over more information.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.